To gain the maximum benefit from your treatment the following after care advice is recommended.
This will also be followed up with you, at the end of each treatment you receive.
- Try to rest and relax for the remainder of the day, or at least for a few hours
- You may feel relaxed and tired after a massage, take care if you are driving
- If you can, take a nap or go to bed early
If you haven't been sleeping well, receiving a massage may relax you enough that you will want to turn in and catch up on that sleep.
Fluid Intake & Diet
- Drink plenty of water and/or herbal infusions after the treatment to help flush out the toxins and replace lost fluids
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking as they are counter-productive and may increase the levels of toxins in the body
- Avoid if possible tea, coffee and fizzy drinks as they contain caffeine and can also have a dehydrating effect.
- Avoid eating a heavy, spicy meal after the treatment.
Ideally eat light for the rest of the day, this will allow your body to concentrate on natural healing and encourage detoxification. Although it seems as if you have not done much, massage activates your body and mind, and can sometimes be tiring, so respect the need to rest..