INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE
Indian head massage or Champissage is a therapy that dates back over a thousand years. It involves massage of the neck, shoulders, back, scalp, hair and face.
This therapy works on all levels: Mind, Body and Spirit. It helps to promote clear and positive thinking and it helps to revitalise and recharge.
Based on old ayurvedic techniques involving massage and acupressure, releasing tension, stress and fatigue. Relaxing and releasing body armour (another name for stress) carried around.
As well as applying the oil to the muscles of the upper back and shoulders, the oil is also applied to the hair and scalp, which is then absorbed into the roots of the hair. This helps to strengthen the hair, prevent dryness and brittleness, promoting healthy, shiny hair.
It is the perfect treatment to receive. Invigorating 30 mins or 60 mins stress buster, ideal when you need to be on the go OR a deeply relaxing Champissage 30 mins or 60 mins when you need to relax and wind down.
More specific to Indian Head massage:-
- Regular treatments can help you work better (aids concentration, focus, productivity)
- Promotes restful sleep
- Increases energy levels
- Gives a sense of calmness, peace and tranquility
May also help to relieve conditions such as:-
- Temporo mandibular jaw tension (Grinding your Teeth)
Physical benefits include:-
- Relief from eyestrain (computer eyestrain)
- Promotion of hair growth
- Improves the condition of hair and scalp
- Increases blood circulation
- Aids the relaxation of muscles
YOUR TREATMENT WILL INCLUDE:-
- Initial Grounding
- Relaxation and Energy Balancing
- Neck & Shoulders (Acupressure/Massage/Drainage)
- Scalp (Massage) and Hair (Condition)
- Face (Acupressure/Drainage)
- Jasmine Oil (please click on OILS USED)
- Music and Incense (Complimentary/Optional)
There are different types of treatment; generalised as Invigorating (energiser’s) and Relaxing (calming). Treatments are tailored to you and are available either as a
30 min or 60 min Therapy, using a heated Chair, or a Shiatsu Chair or a heated Massage Table (please see HEAD WRAPPING, which is also another form of head massage), depending on your preference/comfort:-
60 min – Full Treatment - Invigorating OR Relaxing = £30
Alternatively a course of 4 (minimum recommended, paid in advance) = £100
30 min – Mini Treatment - Invigorating OR Relaxing = £25*
Alternatively a course of 4 (minimum recommended, paid in advance) = £80
*Or add on before or after another treatment for that extra boost = £20
Duration to include Consultation, Aftercare, etc
Notes = Please ensure skin is clean (free from make-up), ideally shoulders/back will need to be exposed (to receive full treatment) and room should be warm and quiet.
Links to other useful pages on my website:-
Member of the
Guild of Holistic Therapists